Recipe by wife2abadge
Quick to make with leftover ham. The recipe says it makes four servings, but my family of four ate only half of it.
- 8 ounces angel hair pasta
- 2 teaspoons canola oil
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1⁄2 medium green pepper, chopped
- 1⁄2 bottled minced garlic
- 8 ounces baked ham, diced
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can stewed tomatoes
- black pepper
- 4 ounces reduced-fat sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook pasta until firm-tender, 4 minutes.
- Meanwhile, heat the oil in an extra-deep 12-inch nonstick skillet over med-high heat. Add the onion and pepper and saute until vegetables are softened.
- Add the garlic and ham and cook until ham starts to brown, 2-3 minute Drain the tomatoes well and add to skillet, stirring.
- Stir pasta into skillet, add pepper, and cook, uncovered for 2 minutes.
- Sprinkle the cheese over the top and cover the skillet, cooking until cheese melts, about 2 minutes.
- Uncover the skillet and cook until most of the liquid has evaporated, about 2 minutes more. Cut into sections and serve.