Prep 5 mins
Cook 30 mins
A dish often requested by my husband. The easy recipe came from a Miracle Whip advertisement.
Make and share this Cheesy Ham & Broccoli Casserole recipe from Food.com.
- 6 ounces rotini pasta, boiled and drained (1 1/2 cups)
- 1 1⁄2 cups diced cooked ham
- 1 1⁄2 cups grated cheddar cheese, divided
- 2 cups broccoli florets, partially cooked
- 1⁄2 cup chopped green pepper
- 1⁄2 cup Miracle Whip
- 1⁄4 cup milk
- 3⁄4 cup crushed seasoned croutons
- Toss pasta, ham, 1 cup cheese, broccoli, and green pepper together in a large mixing bowl; combine miracle whip and milk; stir into pasta mixture until everything is coated.
- Pour pasta mixture into a lightly greased 9x13" baking pan; top with croutons and remaining cheese.
- Bake at 350° for 30 minutes.
- Note: Using 8 ounces rotini pasta (2 cups) made the casserole somewhat dry, so I decreased that amount to 6 ounces or 1 1/2 cups dry pasta.
My husband said that this meal was good enough to be ordered in a restaurant. He loved it. I used mayonaise instead of Mircle Whip and added 1.5 tsp curry powder. I also used red pepper as that was all I had. Definately a keeper that I would share with friends.
This was pretty tasty. I had no Miracle Whip so I added paprika and garlic powder to regular fat-free mayo and it made a pretty good sub. I also completely forgot to buy ham so I used a package of Lil' Smokies that I cut in half and they worked nicely (I think kielbasa would work, too). Lastly, I added zucchini and doubled the broccoli. It baked up nicely and the whole family loved it. I am going to keep this one to use up our leftover Christmas ham this year. Thanks for posting!