Recipe by Greta #2
This is a quick and easy dish to make. I substitute turkey ham for the ham and tastes just as good and it's better for you. This dish freezes well. I make two and stick one in the freezer for another meal. I have a child that refuses to eat vegetables, but she ate them this time!Enjoy!
Top Review by Crochet Mama
We really like this, and it was super simple to put together, but my 2 qt. casserole just barely held it all! I ended up putting it in my deepest 9x13. I would have given it five stars, but I needed to add more liquid ans seasonings. I added a ton of black pepper, thyme, and ground mustard to the cheese sauce, along with a pinch of chipotle chili powder.
- 1 lb ham or 1 lb turkey ham, diced
- 1 lb pasta (elbow mac, gemelli, shapes, etc)
- 1 lb frozen mixed vegetables, thawed
- 32 ounces ready to serve cheddar cheese soup (you can substitute 2- 10.5 oz.cans condensed cheddar cheese soup with 1 cup milk, combined)
- salt and pepper
- 1⁄4 cup breadcrumbs
- 1 dash paprika
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook pasta according to package instructions.
- Drain pasta.
- Stir together diced ham, vegetables, salt and pepper .
- In a 2 qt.casserole sprayed with cooking spray : layer 1/2 pasta, ham/veggie mixture, then the other 1/2 pasta.
- Pour soup evenly over all.
- Top with bread crumbs and sprinkle on a little paprika.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 35 minutes.