Chef #811188's Note:
The flavor is amazing with the spices. Don't remember where I came across this recipe but very glad that I did! Add the pepper flakes and black pepper to your taste. I like the flavor so usually add about 2-4 tbsp of the Roasted Garlic and Peppers.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Peel potatoes and cut into 1 inch cubes.
- 2Bring water to a boil in a large pot. Add potatoes and cook until tender.
- 3Meanwhile; Peel and finely chop onion. Melt butter in pan over med. heat, add onion; cook, stirring frequently until onion is translucent and tender, but not brown.
- 4Add flour to onions; season with pepper flakes and black pepper to taste. Cook 3 to 4 minutes.
- 5Add everything together, stir, simmer 30 minutes, stir often.
Browse Our Top Bisques/Cream Soups Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Bisques/Cream Soups Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Cheesy Ham and Potato Soup
Serving Size: 1 (557 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 524.8
- Calories from Fat 256
- Total Fat 28.4 g
- Saturated Fat 16.2 g
- Cholesterol 98.3 mg
- Sodium 456.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 43.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.1 g
- Sugars 2.8 g
- Protein 24.4 g