Prep 10 mins
Cook 45 mins
Another excellent choice for breakfast or brunch. Originally from the Land O'Lakes website, it's one of our favorites. Cooking time includes standing time after baking.
- 2 cups frozen hash brown potatoes, thawed
- 1 cup milk
- 4 eggs
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup cooked cubed ham
- 1⁄4 cup sliced green onion
- 1⁄4 cup chopped red bell pepper
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- Heat oven to 375º.
- Press potatoes on the bottom and up the sides of a greased 9-inch pie plate.
- Bake for 10 minutes.
- Mix milk, eggs, and pepper in medium bowl.
- Stir in ham, 2 tablespoons green onions, and 2 tablespoons red pepper.
- Sprinkle half of the cheese over potatoes.
- Pour the egg mixture over the cheese.
- Bake for 35 to 40 minutes or until knife inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Top with remaining cheese, green onions and red pepper.
- Let stand for 10 minutes before serving or put back in oven until cheese melts.
I had leftover ham & this was one of the few recipes that didn't use eggs & wasn't a soup or sandwich using ham. This was good, the flavor was tasty with the mustard & cheese. However, the potatoes didn't do anything for me so I may try layering it differently so the potatoes are on the top & they brown a little. Thanks for posting!