Recipe by SAHS
This meal began as a mix-and-match of our favorite quesadilla and guacamole recipes and evolved into a legendary family favorite in no time. Serve with salsa and sour cream, over rice and re-fried beans or whatever else you like.
- 1 avocado
- 2 teaspoons lime juice
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1⁄8 cup chopped green onion
- 1⁄4 cup diced tomato
- 1⁄8 cup diced yellow onion
- 1⁄8 cup diced green bell pepper
- salt and chili powder
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 48 inches flour tortillas
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Pit avocado and mash in a small mixing bowl with the lime juice. Add garlic, green onion, tomato, yellow onion, bell pepper, salt and chili powder. Mix thoroughly. Cover and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Heat oil over medium heat in a medium skillet. Place tortilla in skillet and top with 1/3 cup cheese. When cheese has melted and tortilla is slightly browned, spoon on some guacamole and top with another tortilla. Flip, and allow the second tortilla to brown.
- Remove from heat and cut into wedges. Repeat with remaining ingredients.