1/3 Photos of Cheesy Ground Beef-Spinach Sour Cream Noodle Casserole
1 hr 15 mins
Your family will be clammering for more when you serve this casserole, it is simply delicious, don't expect any leftovers lol! We like extreme heat so I most always add in two large chopped jalapeno peppers in with the ground beef mixture. You can use grated mozzeralla cheese in place of Monterey Jack for the top or you omit the cheese completely and just top with Parmesan. Make certain to hand-squeeze out any excess moisture from the spinach, or the sour cream will become to runny.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 (8 ounce) package wide egg noodles, cooked
- 1 1/2 lbs ground beef
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 medium green bell pepper, seeded and chopped
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh garlic
- 2 teaspoons dried Italian seasoning
- 1/4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1 cup canned sliced mushrooms, drained
- seasoned salt and black pepper (or use white salt)
- 4 1/2 cups prepared pasta sauce (can use more!)
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen spinach (thawed and well drained)
- 2 1/2 cups grated monterey jack cheese, divided
- 1 1/2 cups sour cream
- 1 large egg, slightly beaten
- 2 small green onions, finely chopped (or to taste)
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 1/2 cups grated parmesan cheese
- 1 1/2 cups grated monterey jack cheese (or to taste)
- 1Set oven to 350 degrees.
- 2Grease a 13 x 9-inch baking dish.
- 3In a large skillet cook the beef with the onions, garlic, bell pepper, Italian seasoning, mushrooms and chili flakes until the beef is no longer pink; drain fat, then season with seasoned salt and pepper to taste.
- 4Add in the Parmesan cheese and pasta sauce; mix to combine, then simmer for about 20 minutes over medium-low heat.
- 5In a large bowl combine the spinach (squeeze out any excess moisture in the spinach with hands) with 2-1/2 cups Monterey Jack cheese, sour cream, egg, green onion, garlic powder and 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese; mix to combine, then fold in cooked egg noodles.
- 6Spoon the spinach mixture into the prepared baking dish.
- 7Sprinkle with about 1 cup Parmesan cheese (can use less).
- 8Top evenly with the ground beef mixture, then sprinkle about 1 cup Parmesan cheese over the ground beef mixture.
- 9Bake uncovered for about 25 minutes; remove from oven then sprinkle with about 1-1/2 cups grated Monterey Jack cheese on top.
- 10Return to oven and bake for about 5 minutes, or until the cheese has melted.
Browse Our Top Eggs/Dairy Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Eggs/Dairy Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Cheesy Ground Beef-Spinach Sour Cream Noodle Casserole
Serving Size: 1 (479 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1193.6
- Calories from Fat 651
- Total Fat 72.3 g
- Saturated Fat 37.6 g
- Cholesterol 281.1 mg
- Sodium 2076.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 64.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 8.6 g
- Sugars 22.4 g
- Protein 71.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
dried Italian seasoning