1 hr 45 mins
1 hr 30 mins
You can use any kind of dry smoked sausage for this. To make this in a crock pot, brown the first 6 ingredients in a skillet, place in the crock pot then add all remaining ingredients, cook covered on LOW setting for about 8 to 10 hours, stir in the cheese just before serving. This makes a lot, but it tastes even better served the next day! For this recipe the longer you cook it the better it will be so make this dish when you have a bit of time.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoons fresh minced garlic (or to taste)
- 1 large green bell pepper, chopped
- 1 -2 jalapeno pepper, seeded and finely chopped
- 1 -4 teaspoon dried red pepper flakes (optional or to taste)
- 1 lb kielbasa, thinly sliced
- 2 (10 ounce) cans tomato soup
- 1 (14 ounce) can diced tomatoes (undrained)
- 1 (10 ounce) can diced tomatoes and green chilies, undrained
- 4 (16 ounce) cans pinto beans (undrained)
- 4 (15 ounce) cans pork and beans, undrained
- salt and pepper
- Tabasco sauce (optional)
- 2 cups grated cheddar cheese
- 1In a large pot brown the ground beef with onion, garlic, bell pepper, jalapeno pepper and dried chili flakes (if using) until the meat is browned and cooked; drain fat.
- 2Add in the kielbasa sausage slices and cook for about 2 minutes.
- 3Add in the all remaining ingredients.
- 4Simmer covered over medium-low heat for about 1 hour stirring occasionally.
- 5Uncover and simmer for another 30-35 minutes (the longer time you cook it the better it will be, you can cook it for 2 hours if desired!).
- 6Season with salt, pepper and Tabasco (if using).
- 7Stir in the cheese before serving.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Cheesy Ground Beef, Kielbasa and Beans (Stove Top or Crock Pot)
Serving Size: 1 (641 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 10
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 843.9
- Calories from Fat 281
- Total Fat 31.2 g
- Saturated Fat 13.1 g
- Cholesterol 97.7 mg
- Sodium 1702.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 99.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 28.3 g
- Sugars 8.1 g
- Protein 47.5 g