Recipe by Kittencal@recipezazz
You can use any kind of dry smoked sausage for this. To make this in a crock pot, brown the first 6 ingredients in a skillet, place in the crock pot then add all remaining ingredients, cook covered on LOW setting for about 8 to 10 hours, stir in the cheese just before serving. This makes a lot, but it tastes even better served the next day! For this recipe the longer you cook it the better it will be so make this dish when you have a bit of time.
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoons fresh minced garlic (or to taste)
- 1 large green bell pepper, chopped
- 1 -2 jalapeno pepper, seeded and finely chopped
- 1 -4 teaspoon dried red pepper flakes (optional or to taste)
- 1 lb kielbasa, thinly sliced
- 2 (10 ounce) cans tomato soup
- 1 (14 ounce) can diced tomatoes (undrained)
- 1 (10 ounce) candiced tomatoes and green chilies, undrained
- 4 (16 ounce) cans pinto beans (undrained)
- 4 (15 ounce) cans pork and beans, undrained
- salt and pepper
- Tabasco sauce (optional)
- 2 cups grated cheddar cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large pot brown the ground beef with onion, garlic, bell pepper, jalapeno pepper and dried chili flakes (if using) until the meat is browned and cooked; drain fat.
- Add in the kielbasa sausage slices and cook for about 2 minutes.
- Add in the all remaining ingredients.
- Simmer covered over medium-low heat for about 1 hour stirring occasionally.
- Uncover and simmer for another 30-35 minutes (the longer time you cook it the better it will be, you can cook it for 2 hours if desired!).
- Season with salt, pepper and Tabasco (if using).
- Stir in the cheese before serving.