Prep 20 mins
Cook 50 mins
If you are a grits lover, then here's a delicious cheesy grits recipe thats sure to become a favorite of yours, and so easy to make.
- 4 cups water
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup quick-cooking grits
- 4 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 lb pork sausage, browned and drained
- 1 1⁄2 cups shredded sharp cheddar cheese, divided (or more if desired)
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 1⁄4 cup butter, softened
- Set oven to 350 degrees.
- Grease 1 13x9-in casserole dish.
- In a saucepan, bring water and salt to a boil.
- Slowly stir in grits.
- Reduce heat, and cook for 4-5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Remove grits from the heat; add a small amount of hot grits to the eggs.
- Return all to the pan.
- Stir in sausage, 1 cup milk and butter; stir until butter is melted.
- Pour into prepared baking pan.
- Sprinkle with remaining cheese.
- Bake, uncovered for 50-55 minutes, or until top begins to brown.
Excellent breakfast casserole--creamy, cheesy, with chunks of sausage throughout. We loved it.