1/1 Photo of Cheesy Green Enchiladas
1 hr 20 mins
Mouthwatering Cheesy Chicken Enchiladas...what they are suppose to be! Please feel free to change any ingredient. Sometimes I use 8 oz of cream cheese too in addition to the sour cream..just for a little more creamy goodness! If I have leftover filling I use it for quesadillas.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 9 boneless skinless chicken thighs, cooked and shredded
- 2 cups cheddar cheese, shredded
- 2 cups monterey jack pepper cheese, shredded
- 7 ounces diced green chilies
- 2 1/2 cups sour cream
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 (28 ounce) can green enchilada sauce
- 20 flour tortillas
- salt & pepper
- 1Preheat oven to 350°F
- 2Lightly coat with oil or cooking spray a large 9x13 baking dish.
- 3In a large bowl combine, chicken, 1 1/2 cup of cheddar cheese, 1/1/2 cup of pepper jack cheese, diced green chillies, 2 cups of sour cream, garlic powder, chili powder and onion powder.
- 4Mix until well combined.
- 5To assemble, have a large bowl ready with the green enchilada sauce in it and a plate to roll the enchiladas on.
- 6Take a flour tortilla and dip it into the bowl containing the sauce until it's all covered.
- 7Then place on the plate and almost on the edge of one side of the tortilla add 1/4- 1/2 cup of the chicken filling depending on how full you want them to be.
- 8Take the tortilla with the filling on it and roll it into a tube and lay in greased baking dish.
- 9Repeat until you have either no room left in your pan or your out of filling.
- 10With the remaining sauce pour over enchiladas and smooth out on top until there is a thin layer of sauce.
- 11With the remaining 1/2 cup of sour cream spread evenly over the top of enchiladas.
- 12Take remaining 1/2 cup of cheddar and 1/2 cup of pepper jack cheese and sprinkle evenly over top of enchiladas.
- 13Cover with foil for the first 25 minutes of cooking.
- 14Remove foil and bake for another 15-20 minutes until bubbly and cheese is melted on top.
Browse Our Top Chicken Thigh & Leg Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chicken Thigh & Leg Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Cheesy Green Enchiladas
Serving Size: 1 (541 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1511.7
- Calories from Fat 789
- Total Fat 87.7 g
- Saturated Fat 46.4 g
- Cholesterol 301.7 mg
- Sodium 2919.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 100.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 7.4 g
- Sugars 6.6 g
- Protein 78.8 g