Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
These are terrific little cheesy flat biscuit like snacks. Some people call them crackers. I do not remember where I got this recipe, but I make it quite often and they always go fast at our church gatherings. I use Louisiana hot sauce in mine, but I think any kind of hot sauce would work. I hope you like them as much as we do. They are good right out of the oven or a day or two later. I like to cook them until they are good and brown so they will get a little bit of a crunch along with the chewy. I am not sure about the serving size because these are an appetizer or snack.
- 2 cups grated cheddar cheese
- 1⁄4 cup butter, at room temperature
- 3 tablespoons chopped green chilies
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 2 -3 dashes of your favorite hot sauce
- 1 1⁄4 cups flour
- Pre-heat oven to 350.
- beat butter & cheese until well blended. add green chilis, worcestershire sauce and hot sauce. graduallly add flour, you may have to use your hands at this point. mix well.
- shape heaping teaspoonfuls of dough into balls, place onto a cookie sheet and flatten to about 1/4 inch thick. you want them pretty thin.they can be put close together because they do not spread much. bake for 18 to 20 minutes or until golden brown.
Made these for the first time today. I should have read the review by Luv2Garden first.
Next time I will add more than just a dash of hot sauce, they were pretty bland...of course I AM from Arizona and like spicy food.......
These are excellent!!! Rave reviews from all that have tried these. I added 2 tsp. of hot sauce and still find I would like these a bit spicier. Maybe jalapenos finely chopped instead of the green chilies, but they are great the way they are and I think these have endless possibilities. Thanks for the great recipe!