Recipe by cj2 Johnson
These are terrific little cheesy flat biscuit like snacks. Some people call them crackers. I do not remember where I got this recipe, but I make it quite often and they always go fast at our church gatherings. I use Louisiana hot sauce in mine, but I think any kind of hot sauce would work. I hope you like them as much as we do. They are good right out of the oven or a day or two later. I like to cook them until they are good and brown so they will get a little bit of a crunch along with the chewy. I am not sure about the serving size because these are an appetizer or snack.
Top Review by DaveOfPrescott
Made these for the first time today. I should have read the review by Luv2Garden first.
Next time I will add more than just a dash of hot sauce, they were pretty bland...of course I AM from Arizona and like spicy food.......
- 2 cups grated cheddar cheese
- 1⁄4 cup butter, at room temperature
- 3 tablespoons chopped green chilies
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 2 -3 dashes of your favorite hot sauce
- 1 1⁄4 cups flour
Directions See How It's Made
- Pre-heat oven to 350.
- beat butter & cheese until well blended. add green chilis, worcestershire sauce and hot sauce. graduallly add flour, you may have to use your hands at this point. mix well.
- shape heaping teaspoonfuls of dough into balls, place onto a cookie sheet and flatten to about 1/4 inch thick. you want them pretty thin.they can be put close together because they do not spread much. bake for 18 to 20 minutes or until golden brown.