Recipe by M&A's
This is one of those recipes where I use all the short cuts. It isn't glamourous, but it is easy to assemble it the night before and then toss in the oven for a while. You can use any veggies including prechopped, leftover, or frozen ones along with precooked chicken and pre-shredded cheese. I haven't tried freezing it and then baking it off later, but I encourage you to give it a try.
- 10 flour tortillas
- 1 cup cooked chicken, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup onion, dices
- 1⁄2 cup celery, diced
- 1⁄2 cup corn kernel, frozen
- 1 cup tomatoes, seeded and chopped
- 1 zucchini, diced
- 1 red bell pepper, seeded and diced
- 10 ounces condensed cream soup
- 1 cup white cheddar cheese, pre-shredded
- 2 cups green chili salsa, from the jar
- 2 teaspoons chili powder or 2 teaspoons taco seasoning
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large bowl combine chicken, onion, celery, corn, tomatoes, zucchini, and bell pepper with the chili powder and salt and pepper to taste.
- In another bowl combine condensed soup, 1 cup of the green salsa, and shredded cheese. Spread remaining salsa into the bottom of a baking dish.
- Spoon the chicken and veggie mixture into each tortilla. Roll and place seam side down in the baking dish.
- Pour the cheese sauce over top of the casserole making sure to cover it completely.
- Bake the casserole for 30 minutes. If it has been refirgerated, bake it for 40-45.
- Garnish with topping such as jalepeno slices, cilantro, or green onions.