Prep 15 mins
Cook 25 mins
I adopted this recipe from Recipezaar in August 2006. I haven't tried the recipe, but I hope to very soon. Here is what the original poster said about this recipe: "My mom has been making this for years and no holiday is the same without it. The ingredients listed as optional are ones that I never put in and it always turns out just fine. I hope your family enjoys it as much as mine has through the years!"
- 10 slices bacon
- 2 (16 ounce) cans cut green beans, drained
- 1 lb mushroom (optional)
- 3⁄4 cup chopped onion (optional)
- 3⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 (16 ounce) jar Cheese Whiz
- Fry bacon, crumble and set 2 tbsp aside for topping.
- Toss beans, mushrooms, onions, and pepper together in a 2qt casserole dish.
- Melt cheese whiz and mix together with bean mixture.
- Bake at 350F for 25 minutes.
My nephew asked for Cheesy Green Beans for New Year's Day. Looked at a lot of recipes and decided to try this one. We doubled the recipe due to the size of our crowd. It came out overly cheesy and salty. I would make it again, but when doubling would only use 1 jar of cheese sauce and the original (or even less) amount of bacon. Thanks for the recipe.