Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
This recipe came from Southern Cuisine on About.com - but I modified it a little to suit my taste. Huge hit at my family's Christmas dinner.
- 2 lbs fresh green beans (snapped and cleaned)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 dash paprika (or cayenne pepper)
- 1 -2 cup of shredded cheddar cheese
- 4 tablespoons butter, cut into small pieces
- 1 pint heavy cream
- Butter baking dish (I used a 9 x 13 baking dish).
- Boil water with dash of salt.
- Cook green beans until tender - about 10-15 minutes.
- Place green beans in baking dish.
- Sprinkle salt and paprika over beans.
- Add 1/2 the cheese over top of beans.
- Dot with butter half of required butter.
- Pour cream over beans.
- Add remaining cheese and butter.
- Bake at 400°F for 20 minutes.
This is the BEST recipe for green beans. I will not go one holiday without making these. I doubled the recipe and still ran out!!
This is now the only way my kids want beans served up. Thanks for a great recipe!