Prep 10 mins
Cook 25 mins
My kids will eat anything with cheese on it and this is no exception. An easy and yummy side dish!
- 2 (10 ounce) packagesfrozen French style green beans
- 1⁄4 cup margarine
- 2 tablespoons onions, minced
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup evaporated milk
- 1 cup grated sharp cheddar cheese
- 1⁄4 cup breadcrumbs
- 2 tablespoons margarine, melted
- Cook green beans in small amount of water on stovetop according to directions until tender about 10-15 minutes, drain if necessary.
- Melt margarine in saucepan.
- Saute onion until lightly browned.
- Stir in flour and salt.
- Gradually stir in milk.
- Cook over medium heat until thickened.
- Add cheese and cook til melted.
- Combine cooked green beans and cheese sauce.
- Pour into 1 1/2 quart buttered casserole.
- Mix bread crumbs and melted margarine.
- Sprinkle over bean mixture.
- Bake 350 for 15-10 minutes.
- Serve hot.
thanks, great recipe. I did changes a couple of things to my liking. I substituted fat free mile for evaporated and I used garlic/buttered croutons it topped it off right for me. Ev
I only used 1/2 cup of the cheese (a more subtle flavor) and otherwise made as directed. Also added some black pepper for some zip. This is a good overall recipe and made a tasty side dish for our steak dinner. Thanks for sharing, Laurie.