Recipe by LAURIE
My kids will eat anything with cheese on it and this is no exception. An easy and yummy side dish!
Top Review by ev gar
thanks, great recipe. I did changes a couple of things to my liking. I substituted fat free mile for evaporated and I used garlic/buttered croutons it topped it off right for me. Ev
- 2 (10 ounce) packagesfrozen French style green beans
- 1⁄4 cup margarine
- 2 tablespoons onions, minced
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup evaporated milk
- 1 cup grated sharp cheddar cheese
- 1⁄4 cup breadcrumbs
- 2 tablespoons margarine, melted
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook green beans in small amount of water on stovetop according to directions until tender about 10-15 minutes, drain if necessary.
- Melt margarine in saucepan.
- Saute onion until lightly browned.
- Stir in flour and salt.
- Gradually stir in milk.
- Cook over medium heat until thickened.
- Add cheese and cook til melted.
- Combine cooked green beans and cheese sauce.
- Pour into 1 1/2 quart buttered casserole.
- Mix bread crumbs and melted margarine.
- Sprinkle over bean mixture.
- Bake 350 for 15-10 minutes.
- Serve hot.