Recipe by Mannixx
Yet another green bean casserole recipe - but this one is a bit different in that it uses sour cream instead of milk, along with cheese, chopped onions, and mushrooms. I got really good reviews for it when I took it to a friend's house for Thanksgiving, and that was the first time I made it. I copied the recipe off a can of generic fried onions but I haven't seen this particular one online anywhere so, thought I would share.
- 1 (6 ounce) can fried onions
- 8 ounces sliced mushrooms
- 1 cup sour cream
- 2 cups grated cheddar cheese
- 1 cup diced white onion
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can condensed cream of mushroom soup
- 2 (16 ounce) bags frozen cut green beans
Directions See How It's Made
- Prepare green beans per directions on bag (I prefer microwaving.) Set aside. In a large skillet, melt 2 tablespoons of butter, add white onion and mushrooms. Cook on medium-high heat until onions are soft and mushrooms have cooked down. Turn heat to medium low and add mushroom soup, sour cram, and cheese. Cook until cheese is melted. Turn heat off, add green beans and 3 oz. of fried onions to the mixture, and stir until everything is thoroughly mixed. Transfer to a 2 quart or 2 ½ quart casserole dish. Bake at 325 F for thirty minutes, stirring the casserole halfway through. Add remaining fried onions to top of casserole and continue baking for five more minutes (cheese should be bubbling at edges when you take it out of the oven.).