Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
A friend of mine gave me an idea to add velveeta to my casserole.. but I do have a few add ons of my own... My 8 yr old who doesn' like green beans had a serving.. and loved it!
- 2 (10 ounce) cans French style green beans, drained
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can cream of mushroom soup
- 1⁄2 cup fresh mushrooms, diced
- 1 (6 ounce) can French-fried onions (split equally)
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1⁄2 tablespoon black pepper
- 1⁄2 cup Velveeta cheese, cubed (small cubes)
- 1⁄4 cup milk
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Mix together all ingredients except half can of french fried onions.
- Bake for 30 min until velveeta is melted.
- Top with remaining fried onions and return to oven for a few minutes until brown.
Made for Thanksgiving so doubled recipe. Still only used 1/2 cup Velveeta, 1 Tbsp soy sauce and Worcestershire, no mushrooms (kids) and less black pepper. It was really good and I will use this recipe from now on. Thanks!
I have a not so secret love of green bean casserole. It's a true guilty pleasure and this version didn't disappoint. My DH loved the addition of the cheese while I was still all about the crunchy onions. Made for Spring 2011~ Pick A Chef.
My DH thought it was good, not great (creature of habit and likes the traditional version). Me? I loved it and would like the added Velveeta every time :) This will be a battle of the wills and since I am the cook, the Velveeta wins :D Thanks for sharing. Made for PAC Spring 2011.