Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
This is a new twist on the traditional Green Bean Casserole. Once you try this you'll never go back to the "old" way of making it! This is a requested favorite for Thanksgiving and Christmas around my house!
- 3 (14 ounce) cans green beans, cut
- 1 (4 ounce) can mushrooms, cut
- 1 (6 ounce) canof french's original French-fried onions
- 15 ounces original Cheese Whiz
- Place 3 cans of green beans and one can of sliced mushrooms in a saucepan. Salt and pepper to taste.
- Heat thoroughly. Drain mixture and place back in saucepan.
- Stir in 1 jar of Cheese Whiz until desired consistency is achieved. Cheese will be runny but it will solidify when the mixture cools.
- Stir in 1/4 can of french fried onions and place mixture in a shallow baking dish. Put the remaining french fried onions on top of the casserole.
- Bake in oven, uncovered, at 350 degrees for 15-20 minutes until heated through. If you are going to prepare this dish early, wait to add the french fried onions until you are ready to reheat, as the onions tend to become gooey. Best to use the name brand French's French Fried Onions Original, as the Cheese flavor and Generic versions are not as good.