Austin Dawn's Note:
This is a new twist on the traditional Green Bean Casserole. Once you try this you'll never go back to the "old" way of making it! This is a requested favorite for Thanksgiving and Christmas around my house!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Place 3 cans of green beans and one can of sliced mushrooms in a saucepan. Salt and pepper to taste.
- 2Heat thoroughly. Drain mixture and place back in saucepan.
- 3Stir in 1 jar of Cheese Whiz until desired consistency is achieved. Cheese will be runny but it will solidify when the mixture cools.
- 4Stir in 1/4 can of french fried onions and place mixture in a shallow baking dish. Put the remaining french fried onions on top of the casserole.
- 5Bake in oven, uncovered, at 350 degrees for 15-20 minutes until heated through. If you are going to prepare this dish early, wait to add the french fried onions until you are ready to reheat, as the onions tend to become gooey. Best to use the name brand French's French Fried Onions Original, as the Cheese flavor and Generic versions are not as good.
Browse Our Top Green/Yellow Beans Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Green/Yellow Beans Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Cheesy Green Bean Casserole
Serving Size: 1 (288 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 391.9
- Calories from Fat 205
- Total Fat 22.7 g
- Saturated Fat 14.0 g
- Cholesterol 79.7 mg
- Sodium 1760.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 31.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 10.7 g
- Sugars 11.7 g
- Protein 19.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included: