1/1 Photo of Cheesy Green Bean Casserole
I hesitated to even post this recipe, since there are so many green bean casseroles on here. And yes, this one uses soup and canned French fried onions. The difference is, this recipe uses cheddar cheese soup, not cream of mushroom. I first ate it in 1973 at the home of a (then) middle-aged couple who invited my husband and me to dinner shortly after we were married.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- 2Drain and rinse beans (My mother always taught me to do this when using canned green beans, to get rid of the "can taste").
- 3In 1 1/2 to 2 quart casserole dish, mix together milk and cheese soup.
- 4Stir in drained beans.
- 5Stir in half the french fried onions.
- 6Place in preheated oven and cook 30-35 minutes (use the longer time if you like them a little thicker).
- 7Sprinkle remaining french fried onions over the top.
- 8Return to oven for 5 more minutes.
- 9Serve hot.
Browse Our Top Cheese Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Cheesy Green Bean Casserole
Serving Size: 1 (217 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 117.9
- Calories from Fat 48
- Total Fat 5.3 g
- Saturated Fat 3.3 g
- Cholesterol 15.6 mg
- Sodium 721.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 14.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.5 g
- Sugars 1.9 g
- Protein 5.1 g
The following items or measurements are not included: