Recipe by Denise Powell
This is a twist to an age old recipe. The added cheese and richer texture of the casserole are a big hit amongst family and friends and is requested at every potluck meal or big family meal by even my youngest ones. Note: Unlike the traditional recipe of ages old; I don't add milk; making for a creamier, richer casserole.
Top Review by bmcnichol
Made for Spring PAC 2008. First words out of my 9 year olds mouth was mom, I hate green beans. I told him just to try them. Well he did and he ate two helpings! Automatic 5 stars LOL. I cut this recipe in half except for the cheese. I used two cans of reduced salt regular green beans, 1 can of soup and didn't add the fried onions. I used 2 cups of cheddar cheese though. I also added pepper. Everyone really enjoyed these and there were NONE left. Will be making these again.
- 4 (1757.67 g) can green beans, french sliced
- 2 (595.33 g) can cream of mushroom soup
- 170.09 g can fried onions (Durkee's)
- 236.59 ml cheddar cheese, shredded
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix drained green beans and mushroom soup together in a bowl.
- Add 1/2 can of Fried Onions and mix in well.
- Place mixture into a 2 qt casserole dish, cover and place into a 350 degree oven for 30 minutes (or until mixture is bubbling).
- Remove cover and top casserole with remainder of Fried Onions and the shredded cheese (use more or less to taste).
- Return to oven for another 15-20 minutes until cheese is browned nicely.