Recipe by Karen=^..^=
This is great with any Italian dish or just as a snack or appetizer. I came up with this after looking for something different than plain garlic bread. Everyone loved it, so I figured I would post it!
- 1 lb Italian bread or 1 lb French bread
- 4 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1 teaspoon italian seasoning
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 1⁄2 cups mozzarella cheese or 1 1⁄2 cups pizza cheese or 1 1⁄2 cups Italian cheese blend, shredded
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 375*.
- Cut bread at 1 inch intervals, but don't cut all the way through; just carefully cut down to the bottom crust and stop.
- Mix together butter, garlic powder and Italian seasoning.
- Separating gently, spread some of the butter mixture on both sides of each slice of bread.
- Stuff some cheese down in between slices, but try to do it evenly, not all stuffed down into the bottom or all at the top.
- Wrap loaf in foil and place on a baking sheet.
- Bake for about 15 minutes, or until cheese is melted all the way through.