Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
This is great with any Italian dish or just as a snack or appetizer. I came up with this after looking for something different than plain garlic bread. Everyone loved it, so I figured I would post it!
- Preheat oven to 375*.
- Cut bread at 1 inch intervals, but don't cut all the way through; just carefully cut down to the bottom crust and stop.
- Mix together butter, garlic powder and Italian seasoning.
- Separating gently, spread some of the butter mixture on both sides of each slice of bread.
- Stuff some cheese down in between slices, but try to do it evenly, not all stuffed down into the bottom or all at the top.
- Wrap loaf in foil and place on a baking sheet.
- Bake for about 15 minutes, or until cheese is melted all the way through.
Tastes so good! My hubby and I will never order it when dining out because it's just as good at home or even better.
Went perfectly with my dinner last night. My wife said to say, "This is the balm"! I used Italian cheese blend cheese and made as directed. We will be using this recipe often. Tony
This is CHEESEY GOODNESS! Used real garlic other than that no changes (non needed at all!!) My 7 year old said he would eat it everyday if I would let let him! I will make this often! THANKS FOR A GREAT RECIPE!!!!!