I saw this made on the TV show, Kelsey's Essentials. She served them with lamb shank ragu. I'm posting it here for safe-keeping, and plan to make it to serve with pesto sauce.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 lb ricotta cheese
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 cup shredded Fontina cheese
- 1 cup freshly grated parmesan cheese
- 2 lemons, zest of, divided
- 1 large egg
- 2 egg yolks
- 1/4 teaspoon cracked black pepper
- 1 dash fresh grated nutmeg
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour, plus more for dusting
- 1Bring a large pot of salted water to a full simmer over high heat. Combine the ricotta, fontina, Parmesan, 1/2 of the lemon zest, eggs and a pinch salt and pepper together in a large bowl. Mix with a spatula until smooth. Slowly add in the flour until a soft dough comes together (it may take more or less flour). It may be best to mix with your hands at this point so that you can feel the wetness and texture. You want to add just enough flour until the dough stops being "wet.".
- 2Divide the dough into 3 equal portions. On a floured surface, roll each portion into a rope about 12 inches long and 1/2-inch thick. Cut the ropes into 1-inch pieces, using a knife.
- 3**at this point, the gnudi may be frozen on a parchment-lined cookie sheet. To cook, drop frozen gnudi into simmering water, and cook until they rise to the top. Proceed with browned butter sauce as directed, or use pesto or a light tomato sauce. **.
- 4Working in batches to avoid overcrowding, add the gnudi to the pot of simmering water and cook just until they rise to the top. Remove the gnudi using a slotted spoon and transfer to a sheet tray. Repeat the process until all the gnudi is cooked.
- 5Melt the butter in a large saute pan over medium-low heat until golden brown and nutty. Add in the gnudi and saute, 1 to 2 minutes. Add the peas and asparagus and continue to cook, 1 to 2 minutes longer. Season the mixture with salt and pepper, then toss in the mint and remaining lemon zest.
Browse Our Top < 30 Mins Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All < 30 Mins Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Cheesy Gnudi
Serving Size: 1 (190 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 356.1
- Calories from Fat 206
- Total Fat 22.8 g
- Saturated Fat 13.7 g
- Cholesterol 135.6 mg
- Sodium 473.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 18.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.7 g
- Sugars 2.8 g
- Protein 20.1 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
lemons, zest of
fresh mint leaves