Recipe by Munchkin Mama
A fun appetizer. The idea was inspired by FamilyFun magazine, but the cheese ball recipe is my own. For the garnish, just reference the picture and use your imagination. The original recipe suggests a scallion ribbon and red pepper gift tag and polka dots. I didnt have those things so I improvised with a tomato and some sliced black olives. Serve with crackers.
- 8 ounces cream cheese (softened, you'll need the box to form the "gift")
- 2 -3 ounces dried beef (1 jar)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon lemon juice (bottled is fine)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- red bell pepper
- sliced olive
Directions See How It's Made
- Shred the beef in a food processor.
- Mix the garlic powder, lemon juice, worcestershire sauce, and shredded beef into the softened cream cheese.
- Pack the mixture into a rectangular container lined with plastic wrap (you can reuse the cream cheese box).
- Refrigerate it for at least 3 hours. Before serving time, set the unwrapped block of cheese on a platter and decorate it.
- Serve with sturdy crackers.