Recipe by Boomette
I tried this recipe tonight and it's perfect for when you don't have garlic butter on hand or don't have time to do one. It's easy and we liked it. It's from the cookbook Picky Palate Cookbook
- 1 lb French bread, ciabatta bread or 1 lb sourdough bread, cut in half lengthwise
- 8 tablespoons unsalted butter, softened
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1 1⁄2 cups cheddar cheese, shredded
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat the broiler with the rack placed 5 to 6 inches below the heat source, and spray a large baking sheet with nonstick cooking spray.
- Spread the butter evenly over both sides of the cut bread, season with the garlic salt, and top with the cheddar cheese. Transfer the bread to the prepared baking sheet. Place under the broiler, and bake for 3 to 5 minutes, until cheese is melted and bread is toasted; watch carefully because the bread toasts quickly. Remove from the broiler, cut into slices, and serve warm.