Prep 5 mins
Cook 8 mins
This is a great recipe my friend Kirsten came up with. She was a super cook and since she passed away, I think of her every time I make it. Hope you enjoy it. It even reheats well.
- 1 loaf French bread
- 1⁄2 cup butter, softened,approx
- 3 -4 cloves garlic, mashed or pressed
- 1 can parmesan cheese (you know, the stuff in the green can)
- Lightly toast 1" slices of bread under broiler on both sides and allow to cool slightly Meanwhile mash butter and garlic together in a bowl.
- Spread slices of bread fairly thickly with butter and garlic mixture and then cover with a shaking of Parmesan cheese (again, fairly thickly) Broil about 6" from element for about 5 minutes or until edges of bread are brown and cheese is brown and a little bubbly.