Prep 15 mins
Cook 10 mins
These cheesy, moist and buttery biscuits with a hint of thyme make a perfect accompaniment to a hearty beef stew or pot roast.
- Preheat oven to 425°F.
- In a medium mixing bowl, stir together flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt and thyme.
- Using a pastry blender, cut in butter until mixture resembles course crumbs.
- Then stir in shredded cheese and garlic, making sure to evenly distribute throughout the mixture.
- Make a well in the center of the dry mixture and add milk all at once. Using a fork, stir just until moistened.
- Onto a greased baking sheet, spoon dough by heaping tablespoons to make 12-14 biscuits.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes or until golden. Serve hot with butter.