Recipe by Jack W Suter
Great topper for hashbrowns, great substitute for hollandaise.
Top Review by AuntWoofieWoof
This was really good. It was easy to make. I had this with Recipe #223108 The two were really good together. I think this would be good with tuna fish or chicken in it. I will be making this again. Thank you for sharing your recipe. Made for PAC Spring '08.
- 1⁄2 large yellow onion, Diced
- 5 large garlic cloves, Minced
- 2 cups milk or 2 cups cream
- 1 cup shredded cheese, Your Choice
- 1⁄8 cup Jack Daniels Whiskey
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
Directions See How It's Made
- Make a roux with the equal parts butter and flour.
- Melt the remaining butter in a sauce pan with the olive oil.
- Add the onion, saute until tender.
- Add the garlic, saute until lightly brown. Deglaze with Whiskey.
- Add milk, bring to very gently simmer, low heat.
- Add the roux until sauce starts to thicken, you may not need all the roux.
- When thick, remove from heat and stir in cheese.
- Pour over desired side or main dish and ENJOY!