An easy, tasty, flavorful bread that is started in the bread machine. You may substitute any grated cheese you may have on hand. Flour I feel should always be measured by weight. 500 g of bread flour is 17.637 oz. If you do not have a scale, it is about 4 - 4 1/2 cups of flour. (But you should really get a scale!)
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Add the water, oil, bread flour, salt, yeast and Italian seasonings into the bread machine in the order specified by your manufacturer. Set and run it on the dough cycle.
- 2Very, very finely mince the garlic. You may add some olive oil to the garlic to make it more spreadable after it is minced.
- 3Divide the dough into two equal sized balls and place each one on a well oiled baking tray. Stretch them out into a rectangle shape.
- 4Spread half the garlic, Parmesan, and mozzarella cheese on each dough rectangle. Roll the dough up and tuck the ends under to make sure the ends are sealed. Gently shape into a loaf shape. Loosely cover and let rise until nearly doubled in size, 20 - 40 minutes.
- 5Preheat oven to 425°F.
- 6Make three diagonal slices on the top of each loaf. Be sure that the slice is deep enough to reach the first cheese layer.
- 7Bake the loaves for 12 -16 minutes, until the crust is a light golden brown and the cheese is slightly browned.
- 8Place loaves on wire racks to cool.
Browse Our Top Breads Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Cheesy Garlic Italian Bread
Serving Size: 1 (122 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 10
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 278.5
- Calories from Fat 41
- Total Fat 4.5 g
- Saturated Fat 1.8 g
- Cholesterol 8.8 mg
- Sodium 326.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 48.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.8 g
- Sugars 0.2 g
- Protein 9.5 g