Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
An easy, tasty, flavorful bread that is started in the bread machine. You may substitute any grated cheese you may have on hand. Flour I feel should always be measured by weight. 500 g of bread flour is 17.637 oz. If you do not have a scale, it is about 4 - 4 1/2 cups of flour. (But you should really get a scale!)
- Add the water, oil, bread flour, salt, yeast and Italian seasonings into the bread machine in the order specified by your manufacturer. Set and run it on the dough cycle.
- Very, very finely mince the garlic. You may add some olive oil to the garlic to make it more spreadable after it is minced.
- Divide the dough into two equal sized balls and place each one on a well oiled baking tray. Stretch them out into a rectangle shape.
- Spread half the garlic, Parmesan, and mozzarella cheese on each dough rectangle. Roll the dough up and tuck the ends under to make sure the ends are sealed. Gently shape into a loaf shape. Loosely cover and let rise until nearly doubled in size, 20 - 40 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 425°F.
- Make three diagonal slices on the top of each loaf. Be sure that the slice is deep enough to reach the first cheese layer.
- Bake the loaves for 12 -16 minutes, until the crust is a light golden brown and the cheese is slightly browned.
- Place loaves on wire racks to cool.