1/3 Photos of Cheesy Garlic Hash Browns Homemade
These are sooooo YUMMY! They are great with eggs and other breakfast items, but they can definitely STAND ALONE! They work for lunch or a dinner side dish, too :)
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Heat one inch of salted water to boiling in a 3 quart saucepan.
- 2Add potatoes and cover.
- 3Heat to boiling and reduce heat.
- 4Simmer for 10 minutes or until fork tender.
- 5Drain and cool.
- 6Shred potatoes and mix with onion, parsley and garlic.
- 7Over medium heat, fry 2 tbl of the butter in a 10 inch skillet until melted.
- 8Spread potato mixture evenly in skillet and cook for about 7 minutes or until bottom is brown.
- 9Place a large plate over skillet and invert potato patty onto plate.
- 10Melt remaining 2 tbl butter in saucepan and slide potato patty, cooked side up, into skillet.
- 11Cook for another 7 minutes or until bottom is brown and crispy.
- 12Sprinkle with cheese and allow to melt before serving.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Cheesy Garlic Hash Browns Homemade
Serving Size: 1 (178 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 272.9
- Calories from Fat 147
- Total Fat 16.3 g
- Saturated Fat 10.3 g
- Cholesterol 45.3 mg
- Sodium 179.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 26.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.2 g
- Sugars 1.4 g
- Protein 6.7 g