Recipe by Karen=^..^=
These are sooooo YUMMY! They are great with eggs and other breakfast items, but they can definitely STAND ALONE! They work for lunch or a dinner side dish, too :)
- 1 1⁄4 lbs new potatoes (about 10)
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped onions
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh parsley
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1⁄4 cup butter or 1⁄4 cup margarine
- 1⁄2 cup shredded cheddar cheese or 1⁄2 cup gruyere cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat one inch of salted water to boiling in a 3 quart saucepan.
- Add potatoes and cover.
- Heat to boiling and reduce heat.
- Simmer for 10 minutes or until fork tender.
- Drain and cool.
- Shred potatoes and mix with onion, parsley and garlic.
- Over medium heat, fry 2 tbl of the butter in a 10 inch skillet until melted.
- Spread potato mixture evenly in skillet and cook for about 7 minutes or until bottom is brown.
- Place a large plate over skillet and invert potato patty onto plate.
- Melt remaining 2 tbl butter in saucepan and slide potato patty, cooked side up, into skillet.
- Cook for another 7 minutes or until bottom is brown and crispy.
- Sprinkle with cheese and allow to melt before serving.