Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
You can substitute any kind of cheese you want. I made this to try and replicate the parmesan crusted chicken i got at Longhorn Steakhouse.
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken breast
- 1⁄2 cup ranch dressing (i prefer the kind you make yourself from the powder)
- 1 1⁄2 cups Italian cheese blend
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1 minced garlic clove
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 tablespoons butter, for browning
- Cut chicken breasts in half lengthwise to make thinner.
- Coat each chicken breast on both sides with ranch dressing.
- Brown on both sides in a skillet in butter. Do not worry about cooking them all the way through. Put in baking dish.
- Combine the mayo, cheese, garlic oregano, pepper and salt.
- Spread the cheese mixture over each chicken breast.
- Bake at 350 until cheese is bubbly and just starting to brown around the edge and chicken is cooked through.