Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is from my good friend Princess Sally and was adapted from a recipe from her farm wife mom, Mary. It is the richest, most decadent bread I've ever had!
- 1 1⁄4 cups mayonnaise
- 1 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 1 cup thinly sliced green onion
- 3 cloves minced garlic
- 1 loaf French bread, cut horizontally
- parsley, for dusting
- paprika, for dusting
- Mix mayo, cheese, onion and garlic.
- Spread on bread halves; sprinkle both sides with paprika and parsley, and put back together to form loaf shape.
- Wrap in foil and refrigerate for at least 2 hours, or freeze.
- Bake at 400 for 8 to 10 minutes if refrigerated, or 20 to 25 minutes if frozen.
This bread was REALLY good but at the end I had to toy with it a bit.When I took it out of the oven it was kind of mushey so I opened it up and put it on a cookie sheet for 10 more min. at 400* and then it was nice and toastey!I also added some garlic powder at step #2.Otherwise,followed to a T.It was very good...thanks!