Prep 2 mins
Cook 4 mins
So easy, soooooooooooo yummy! Great when you're cooking for two and don't want to be tempted by big loaves of gooey cheesy buttery garlic bread sitting around. :) You can also use more or less butter, more or less garlic based on what you like.
- 1 hoagie roll, split in half
- 1 -2 tablespoon butter
- 1 -2 teaspoon minced garlic clove
- 2 slices cheddar cheese
- black pepper
- Melt butter with garlic in microwave (about 20-40 seconds, depending on your microwave.).
- Mix well.
- Pour mixture over each half of sub roll.
- Top with cheddar cheese (I use the block cheddar cheese and slice it into 4 skinny slices, put 2 of each slices on the bread -- or you can use pre-sliced cheese, one big piece for each half of the roll.).
- Broil for 2-4 minutes until edges are brown and cheese is bubbly.
- Top with black pepper.
- Enjoy with pasta, meat, or even as a snack.