Prep 5 mins
Cook 15 mins
This goes great with a big bowl of pasta.
- 1 medium French bread, unsliced
- 1⁄2 cup butter or 1⁄2 cup margarine, softened
- 2 cloves garlic, halved
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley
- 1⁄3 cup grated parmesan cheese
- Preheat oven to 375.
- Cut slices down the length of bread loaf at 1 inch intervals without cutting all the way through.
- Rub slices and top of loaf with cut slices of garlic halves.
- Mince garlic.
- Combine butter, garlic, parsley and Parmesan cheese in a small bowl.
- Spread butter mixture between bread slices and on top of loaf.
- Wrap bread in foil, leaving top partially uncovered.
- Bake until heated about 15 minutes.
Great addition to the steak dinner we had. I used more like 6 cloves of garlic but we are real garlic lovers here. Delish!
Very good. Silly me didn't read the directions correctly, so I melted the butter and then mixed everything into it. But, it was still very good. I think adding some mozzarella cheese or something would make it a little cheesier. It also definitely needs more garlic - you know, to keep the really strong vampires away. :-)
Mmmmmmmmmm Nuuuuummmy!! I also used about 6 garlic cloves. This is one of the best garlic bread recipes I've used so far. Leaving the top partly open made a nice crunch, and the parmesan really adds to the flavour. Thanks for sharing.