Prep 10 mins
Cook 7 mins
Have it with soup; have it with a salad or just have it as a snack. Very good, indeed.
- 1 lb Italian bread, loaf
- 5 tablespoons butter, softened
- 2 teaspoons virgin olive oil
- 3 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- salt and pepper
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- Preheat the broiler.
- Cut the bread into slices 1 to 2 inches thick.
- In a small bowl, mix butter, olive oil, garlic, oregano, salt and pepper.
- Spread the mixture evenly on the bread slices.
- On a medium baking sheet, arrange the slices evenly and broil 5 minutes, or until slightly brown.
- Check frequently so they do not burn.
- Remove from broiler.
- Top with cheese and return to broiler 2 to 3 minutes, until cheese is slightly brown and melted.
- Serve at once.
Easy, addictive, and delish. I used whole grain bread, smart balance butter, and low fat cheese. Perfect garlic bread!
Perfect garlic bread! Thanks for the simple, lovely recipe.
I used 3 torpedo rolls cut into 6 small pieces each... worked excellent