Prep 10 mins
Cook 25 mins
Not healthy...but worth every, single, calorie. Go on, be a devil.
- 125 g mozzarella cheese, ball
- 140 g taleggio, rind removed
- 100 g butter, softened
- 3 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1⁄4 cup fresh parsley leaves, chopped
- 1 teaspoon fresh marjoram, chopped
- 1 long baguette
- 1⁄2 teaspoon paprika
- Chop the mozzarella and taleggio into small chunks and tip into a bowl with the butter, garlic, herbs and some salt and pepper.
- Using a bread knife, cut diagonal slices along the loaf about three quarters of the way into the bread - don't cut all the way through. If it looks like the bread won't fit in the oven, cut it in half and make two smaller ones.
- Push the garlic butter generously between each cut, allowing some to ooze onto the top - it will caramelise and taste superb. Sprinkle the paprika over.
- Wrap in buttered foil, leaving it open along the top. Bake for 20-25 minutes at fan 200C/conventional 220C/gas 7 until the cheese has melted.