Prep 5 mins
Cook 15 mins
Do I have to say it's my favorite bread when serving good lasagna.......mmmmmmmmm From Easy Everyday Cooking.
- 1 loaf French bread, unsliced
- 118.29 ml butter
- 2 garlic cloves, halved
- 4.92 ml dried parsley
- 78.07 ml grated parmesan cheese
- Preheat oven to 375F degrees.
- Cut slices down the length of bread loaf at 1 inch intervals, without cutting all the way through.
- Rub slices and top of loaf with cut sides of garlic.
- Mince garlic.
- Combine butter, garlic, parsley and Parmesan.
- Spread butter mixture between bread slices and on top of loaf.
- Wrap bread in foil leaving top partially uncovered.
- Bake until heated through, about 15 minutes.
I'm making this for the second time today. It's great!
My family inhaled this tonight, although this was not enough for 4 servings. Okay, maybe it's enough for 4 normal people, but this smells so good while it's baking that normal people turn into bottomless pits while they wait for it to be ready. I also doubled the cheese, half parm, half grated gouda.
Stephanie, This bread is wonderful! This is practically the same way I always fix our french bread except I slice it lengthwise and I usually broil it to toast the top. For your recipe I used chopped garlic and added fresh snipped parley and used 1/4 cup additional butter. This was an easy one to give 5 stars! Absolutely delicious! Thanks, Stephanie!