- 1 1⁄2 lbs potatoes, cut into 1 1/2-inch cubes
- 2 garlic cloves, quartered
- 1 teaspoon dried chives
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1⁄2 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
Directions See How It's Made
- Place potatoes, garlic, and chicken broth in a large saucepan; cover and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat; cover loosely and boil gently for about 15-20 minutes.
- Drain about 1/2 of the liquid off.
- Coarsely mash potatoes and garlic with potato masher, leaving some potato chunks.
- Add remaining ingredients and mix gently.
- Serve while hot.