Recipe by Chef PotPie
We could make a meal just from this yummy casserole! We aren't veggie-sauruses, but this is so good you just can't believe it. You could always add some grilled chicken.
Top Review by **Mandy**
This is a great adaptable recipe, I used white rice & added capsicum & mushrooms to the mix of veggies, just used traditional pasta sauce, topped with grated tasty cheese, & it was great. A simple yet tasty side that can easily be made ahead of time & reheated. Fantastic, thanks!
- 2 cups cooked brown rice
- 2 cups broccoli, cut in 1/2 inch slices
- 1 cup julienne sliced carrot
- 1 cup zucchini, sliced on the bias
- 1 cup cut green beans
- 1 (16 ounce) jar marinara sauce
- 1 cup grated sharp cheddar cheese
- 1 cup grated monterey jack cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook veggies in salted water until tender, 5-7 minutes; drain.
- Put cooked rice in bottom of 9X13 baking dish.
- Place veggies over rice. Cover with marinara sauce. Cover with foil and bake 375°F 30 minutes.
- Combine cheeses, spread over top. Place back in oven for 5 minutes or so, until cheese has melted.