Prep 10 mins
Cook 35 mins
We could make a meal just from this yummy casserole! We aren't veggie-sauruses, but this is so good you just can't believe it. You could always add some grilled chicken.
- 2 cups cooked brown rice
- 2 cups broccoli, cut in 1/2 inch slices
- 1 cup julienne sliced carrot
- 1 cup zucchini, sliced on the bias
- 1 cup cut green beans
- 1 (16 ounce) jar marinara sauce
- 1 cup grated sharp cheddar cheese
- 1 cup grated monterey jack cheese
- Cook veggies in salted water until tender, 5-7 minutes; drain.
- Put cooked rice in bottom of 9X13 baking dish.
- Place veggies over rice. Cover with marinara sauce. Cover with foil and bake 375°F 30 minutes.
- Combine cheeses, spread over top. Place back in oven for 5 minutes or so, until cheese has melted.
This is a great adaptable recipe, I used white rice & added capsicum & mushrooms to the mix of veggies, just used traditional pasta sauce, topped with grated tasty cheese, & it was great. A simple yet tasty side that can easily be made ahead of time & reheated. Fantastic, thanks!
Yumm! This turned out really tasty and it is so easy to make as well. What else could I ask for? I made some minor changes, such as using mixed grains rather than plain rice and used a home-made sauce I happened to have on hand in the freezer. This simple recipe can be played around with, I'm sure, and I am so happy to have this in our rotation. Thank you for posting it and for suggesting it to me in one of the forums!