1/1 Photo of Cheesy Game Time Sausage Dip
Johnsonville Sausage's Note:
Hot, cheesy sausage dip with Italian-style seasonings is a great game-day tradition when served with garlic toast.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 (16 ounce) package ground Johnsonville All Natural Ground Italian Sausage
- 2 lbs processed American cheese, cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 1 (16 ounce) jar chunky salsa
- 1 tablespoon fennel seed, crushed
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon anise seed, crushed
- 1/4 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 small garlic toast rounds
- 1In a skillet, cook and crumble sausage over medium heat until no longer pink and lightly browned; drain.
- 2In a microwave-safe bowl, place cheese cubes.
- 3Microwave on high for 6 minutes; stirring every 2 minutes.
- 4Add salsa, seasonings and sausage.
- 5Microwave 2 minutes longer or until heated through.
- 6Serve with garlic toast.
- 7*Please note: to crush fennel and anise seeds, use a spice mill or mortar and pestle for best results.
Browse Our Top Pork Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Pork Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Cheesy Game Time Sausage Dip
Serving Size: 1 (57 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 24
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 132.5
- Calories from Fat 84
- Total Fat 9.3 g
- Saturated Fat 5.8 g
- Cholesterol 24.2 mg
- Sodium 479.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 4.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.4 g
- Sugars 0.5 g
- Protein 7.8 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
Johnsonville All Natural Ground Italian Sausage