Recipe by Johnsonville Sausage
Hot, cheesy sausage dip with Italian-style seasonings is a great game-day tradition when served with garlic toast.
- 1 (16 ounce) packageground Johnsonville All Natural Ground Italian Sausage
- 2 lbs processed American cheese, cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 1 (16 ounce) jar chunky salsa
- 1 tablespoon fennel seed, crushed
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon anise seed, crushed
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 small garlic toast rounds
Directions See How It's Made
- In a skillet, cook and crumble sausage over medium heat until no longer pink and lightly browned; drain.
- In a microwave-safe bowl, place cheese cubes.
- Microwave on high for 6 minutes; stirring every 2 minutes.
- Add salsa, seasonings and sausage.
- Microwave 2 minutes longer or until heated through.
- Serve with garlic toast.
- *Please note: to crush fennel and anise seeds, use a spice mill or mortar and pestle for best results.