Prep 15 mins
Cook 10 mins
from the Nestle web site comes this beautiful dessert made with gelatin, cream cheese, canned fruit and topped with maraschino cherries.
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1 1⁄2 cups crushed maria cookies (about 30 cookies) or 1 1⁄2 cups vanilla wafers (about 45 wafers)
- 1 (7 g) envelope unflavored gelatin
- 1⁄3 cup fresh lemon juice (about 2 lemons)
- 1 (12 ounce) can evaporated milk
- 1 (14 ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened, cut in cubes
- 1 (15 1/4 ounce) cansliced peaches, drained
- 1⁄2 cup maraschino cherry, blotted dry
- 1 (3 ounce) package pineapple gelatin mix
- PREHEAT oven to 350º F.
- MELT butter in small saucepan. Stir in cookie crumbs until well blended. Press crumbs onto bottom of ungreased 9-inch springform pan. Bake for 10 minutes.
- DISSOLVE unflavored gelatin in lemon juice in small bowl. Place evaporated and condensed milks, cream cheese and dissolved gelatin in blender; blend until smooth. Pour mixture over crust; refrigerate for 1 hour.
- ARRANGE peaches and cherries on chilled pie. Prepare pineapple gelatin as directed on package. To prevent fruit from floating, pour about 1/4 inch of gelatin over arranged fruit. Refrigerate until slightly set, but not firm. Pour remaining gelatin over the fruit. Refrigerate for at least 1 hour (though several hours are recommended) or until completely firm.
- TO SERVE: Dip a butter knife in warm water and run around edge to loosen. Remove side of pan.