Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
This is a really yummy way to make brussels sprouts. After you eat them like this you'll never boil them to death again!
- 1 -1 1⁄2 lb fresh Brussels sprout (roughly all same size otherwise cut in half)
- 2 cups seasoned bread crumbs
- 2 cups grated parmesan cheese
- salt and pepper
- Italian spices
- 4 eggs
- Wash sprouts off, peel first couple leaves off outside, cut small piece off bottoms and then lightly cut an X into the bottom of each sprout.
- Bring a pot of salted water to a boil and blanch the sprouts until they are almost done. Then put them into an ice bath until they are cold(this will stop the cooking process and prevent them getting mushy) . Drain them and set aside.
- When ready for dinner, combine bread crumbs, parmesan cheese, and seasonings. Beat eggs in a small bowl with a little water.
- Heat a large skillet over medium heat with some olive oil.
- Dunk drained sprouts in egg, let as much drain off as possible, then toss in the bread crumb/cheese mixture, pressing the crumbs lightly onto the sprouts.
- Pan cook the sprouts in the oil till golden brown and delicious.
ZWT4: Made for Family PIcks - these are awesome!! What a decadent way to enjoy sprouts!!
We loved these! We love B Sprouts, but this way, crisp-tender, YUMMY! I cut the fat by using cooking spray, just a shot here and there. They browned up very nice and tasted great!
I have tried this recipe a few times now and it works. I have taken it a stage further though by adding the cheese/ crumb mix to carrots, green beans and leeks, the grandchildren love them. Well done and thanks for the idea.