This is a really yummy way to make brussels sprouts. After you eat them like this you'll never boil them to death again!
- Wash sprouts off, peel first couple leaves off outside, cut small piece off bottoms and then lightly cut an X into the bottom of each sprout.
- Bring a pot of salted water to a boil and blanch the sprouts until they are almost done. Then put them into an ice bath until they are cold(this will stop the cooking process and prevent them getting mushy) . Drain them and set aside.
- When ready for dinner, combine bread crumbs, parmesan cheese, and seasonings. Beat eggs in a small bowl with a little water.
- Heat a large skillet over medium heat with some olive oil.
- Dunk drained sprouts in egg, let as much drain off as possible, then toss in the bread crumb/cheese mixture, pressing the crumbs lightly onto the sprouts.
- Pan cook the sprouts in the oil till golden brown and delicious.