Prep 10 mins
Cook 25 mins
This is a little different from the usual Garlic French breads I've tried. I served this to my daughter for her 28th birthday dinner tonight. I changed the original recipe up some to fit our taste buds. Original recipe from Paula Deen's The Lady & Sons, Too cookbook.
- 2 cups shredded sharp cheddar cheese (will probably work with any of your favorite cheeses) or 2 cups Mexican blend cheese (will probably work with any of your favorite cheeses)
- 3⁄4 cup mayonnaise
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons italian seasoning (or 1 1/2 teaspoons dried parsley flakes)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic powder (feel free to use cloves of fresh garlic minced)
- 1 dash ground red pepper
- French bread, cut in half lengthwise
- Combine the cheese, mayonnaise, Italian Seasoning, garlic powder and ground red pepper.
- Spread this mixture on the cut sides of the bread.
- Place the bread on a baking sheet and bake at 350 degrees for 20-25 minutes, or until the topping is melted and lightly browned.
I made this recipe for dinner tonight with spaghetti. It was quite good. I made it just as stated and it was a big hit with my family. The bread was crunchy and the cheese was all gooey. Just delicious. Thank you for the recipe.
I made the recipe scaling it down to 0.25. That way I got 1/2 cup of cheese... It was perfect as a small appetizer for 2. I loved it. But DH didn't because of the mayonnaise. I liked the spicyness of it. Thanks Nimz :) Made for PAC spring 2011
Loved this. The mayo added so much to this bread. I made this and we devoured it...lol. I went light on the cayenne but next time I will use a bit more for a bit more "bite". Thank you for sharing with us.