Recipe by ~Nimz~
This is a little different from the usual Garlic French breads I've tried. I served this to my daughter for her 28th birthday dinner tonight. I changed the original recipe up some to fit our taste buds. Original recipe from Paula Deen's The Lady & Sons, Too cookbook.
Top Review by MoreSpicePlease
Soooo delicious!!! My favorite cheesy bread recipe from this point forward. Love the Italian seasoning and crushed red pepper...really gives it a nice flavor. I used Mexican shredded cheese and mozzarella cheese with sliced French bread.
- 2 cups shredded sharp cheddar cheese (will probably work with any of your favorite cheeses) or 2 cups Mexican blend cheese (will probably work with any of your favorite cheeses)
- 3⁄4 cup mayonnaise
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons italian seasoning (or 1 1/2 teaspoons dried parsley flakes)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic powder (feel free to use cloves of fresh garlic minced)
- 1 dash ground red pepper
- French bread, cut in half lengthwise
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine the cheese, mayonnaise, Italian Seasoning, garlic powder and ground red pepper.
- Spread this mixture on the cut sides of the bread.
- Place the bread on a baking sheet and bake at 350 degrees for 20-25 minutes, or until the topping is melted and lightly browned.