Prep 15 mins
Cook 10 mins
Easy to assemble and hearty-tasty. I got this from a "Practical Cooking" magazine in Spanish.
- 1⁄3 cup cooking oil (or more if necessary)
- 2 cloves peeled garlic, sliced or chopped
- 4 frying potatoes, cut as for french fries or shoestring fries
- 1⁄2 lb frankfurter, sliced to about 1/4 inch thickness.
- 150 g uncooked bacon, chopped
- 150 g manchego cheese or 150 g melty white cheese, of your choice-grated.
- catsup, to squirt over (optional)
- mayonnaise, to squirt over (optional)
- mustard, to squirt over (optional)
- canned jalapeno juice, to squirt over (optional)
- Heat oil and sautee the garlic.
- Add potato strips and fry until lightly crisp.
- Take out from skillet and place on absorbent paper to degrease.
- Fry the frankfurters and the bacon in the leftover oil.
- Incorporate potatoes back into frank-bacon fry.
- Top with grated cheese, cover skillet and let cheese melt or place it for a few minutes in oven till cheese melts.
- You can squirt it over with some catsup, mayonnaise, mustard, and canned jalapeño juice to taste.