Prep 30 mins
Cook 12 hrs
Great for football season or anytime
- 2 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese (softened)
- 1 (8 ounce) packageshredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 1⁄2 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1⁄2 cup mayonnaise
- 1⁄4 cup chopped green onion
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 (12 ounce) package bacon bits
- 6 pimento strips
- beat cream cheese, cheddar cheese, parmesan cheese and mayonnaise on medium speed with electric mixer until well blended. Add green onions and black pepper, mix well.
- Cover, refrigerate several hours or overnight.
- Form into football shape, cover with bacon bits.
- Place pimento on top to form the lacing of football.
- Serve with ritz crackers or whatever cracker u want.
- Makes a 2 cup football.
Great concept! I will definitely make this again. I think where I failed a bit was in trying to make my own bacon bits. The bacon flavor was overpowering. Next time, I'll use the packaged ones. I used strips of cream cheese for the laces of the ball because pimento is red....laces are white. lol....anyway, thanks for posting!
I did this for our last Super Bowl party (several days before the game because we actually went to Detroit to cheer on our Seahawks). It was really cute and everyone loved it. Thanks for posting.
delicous I love it