Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 10 mins
Cook 45 mins
This is a modification of a recipe I found on a Campbell's cream of chicken soup can. It was entirely a trial and error run, but it turned out absolutely great! The great thing about this recipe is that you can modify it to fit your own tastes. If you love vegetables, add veggies. If you like spicy food, season your chicken with hot seasonings. It's an easy fix for any number of people and you'll find yourself making it over and over again. I know I did!
- 4 -6 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 2 cups success instant rice, uncooked
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) cancampbell's Fiesta nacho cheese soup
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can cream of chicken soup (use your favorite)
- 2⁄3 cup water
- 2⁄3 cup chicken broth
- 1⁄3 cup milk
- 1⁄3 cup onion
- 1 cup picante sauce or 1 cup salsa
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- garlic powder
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Grease an oven safe dish with butter.
- Mix both soups, broth, milk, water and onion in a mixing bowl and set aside.
- Season chicken with salt, pepper and garlic powder to taste.
- Evenly spread rice into baking dish.
- Pour soup mixture over rice as evenly as possible.
- Place chicken into pan and cover.
- Bake in oven for 45 minutes or until chicken is no longer pink in the thickest part.
- Let dish stand for 3 minutes to allow sauce to thicken. While dish is standing, top each chicken piece with shredded cheese and salsa.
It was good. I cut the chicken up instead of leaving it whole. After the chicken is done I would recommend stirring the rice and the sauce and popping it back in the oven for a couple of minutes. My 4 year old is a picky eater and he loved it. Will make again and maybe try different things to put in it.
Good recipe! I liked the flavor of the rice especially. It didn't seem all the way tender when I took it out of the oven, so I mixed it around with some of the sauce and popped it back in the oven, uncovered, for another three minutes - that did the trick! I left off the salsa from the chicken and we didn't miss it, though I think I'll do a little something else to the chicken next time because it was a little bland. Loved the rice though!