This is a modification of a recipe I found on a Campbell's cream of chicken soup can. It was entirely a trial and error run, but it turned out absolutely great! The great thing about this recipe is that you can modify it to fit your own tastes. If you love vegetables, add veggies. If you like spicy food, season your chicken with hot seasonings. It's an easy fix for any number of people and you'll find yourself making it over and over again. I know I did!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 4 -6 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 2 cups success instant rice, uncooked
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can campbell's Fiesta nacho cheese soup
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can cream of chicken soup (use your favorite)
- 2/3 cup water
- 2/3 cup chicken broth
- 1/3 cup milk
- 1/3 cup onion
- 1 cup picante sauce or 1 cup salsa
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- garlic powder
- 1Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- 2Grease an oven safe dish with butter.
- 3Mix both soups, broth, milk, water and onion in a mixing bowl and set aside.
- 4Season chicken with salt, pepper and garlic powder to taste.
- 5Evenly spread rice into baking dish.
- 6Pour soup mixture over rice as evenly as possible.
- 7Place chicken into pan and cover.
- 8Bake in oven for 45 minutes or until chicken is no longer pink in the thickest part.
- 9Let dish stand for 3 minutes to allow sauce to thicken. While dish is standing, top each chicken piece with shredded cheese and salsa.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Cheesy Fiesta Chicken and Rice Bake
Serving Size: 1 (297 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 532.8
- Calories from Fat 149
- Total Fat 16.6 g
- Saturated Fat 8.1 g
- Cholesterol 106.9 mg
- Sodium 1271.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 51.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.1 g
- Sugars 3.2 g
- Protein 42.3 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
Fiesta nacho cheese soup