Recipe by Mommy of Five
This is the version of enchilada's that my kids love. They don't like meat in theirs so I created this for them.
Top Review by ~*Miss Diggy*~
This is a great no meat meal! I am hard pressed to make a dinner that I like without having ANY meat in it, and this was perfect! I used Recipe#109685 for the sauce and also didnt add any taco bell seasoning because I was all out, and really wasnt worried about it. Thanks so much for a great easy dish!
- 6 -8 cups enchilada sauce, recipezaar delicious enchilada sauce recipe Recipezaar # 216854
- 8 cups shredded cheese (cheddar and monterey jack)
- 2 tablespoons taco bell taco seasoning mix (1.25 oz packet is equal to 4 Tablespoons)
- 18 corn tortillas
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Spray a 9x13 inch baking dish with non-stick cooking spray.
- Add 1/2 taco seasoning mix packet to bag of shredded cheese and shake well.
- Cover bottom of baking dish with thin layer of enchilada sauce.
- Cover sauce with 6 corn tortillas.
- Sprinkle cheese over tortillas.
- Repeat layer of 6 tortillas, sauce and cheese.
- Repeat layers again.
- Cover baking dish with aluminum foil and place on middle rack in oven and bake covered for 35-45 minutes. Uncover last 5-10 minutes of baking time.
- Remove from oven and cool for 10 minutes before serving.